SEATTLE




We finally made the pilgrimage to Seattle, Washington to visit my Dad over Memorial Day weekend. It was a fast trip (Thurs - Sun) but we managed to pack a ton of fun in to it. Jackie and her boyfriend Nate came too and it was so great to have everyone in one place - if even for a short time. We did all the things a tourist should do...lunch at The Space Needle, tour of the Experience Music Project Rock n' Roll Museum, Pike Place Market (yes - we saw fish throwing and the Real World House!), visited the original Starbucks, ate fantastic seafood, lost our butts at an Indian Casino, saw the amazing Snoqualmie waterfall, and enjoyed the view of the mountains. All and all - I need to go back. I feel like there is still so much to see and do! Most importantly I got to hang out with my Dad. It seems like forever since we had just shot the breeze over a beer and retold the same old "Curtis Stories." It was a fantastic trip. The city is great - I got in my Dad time - and Scuba and I have another notch on our "we've been to cool places" belt! Check out the photos!
PS - Seattle turned out to be a perfect place to test out the local micro-brewed beer. If you're ever in town, try the Mac n Jac or the Salty's Ale!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home